Monday, April 12, 2010

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson


Genre - Mystery
ISBN - 978-0-14-317009-9
Rating - 5/5
No. of Pages - 841
It has been a long time since I have read a mystery that I just couldn't put down. This book has everything, a striking sense of place, two fascinating characters- a disgraced financial journalist and a captivating complex heroine Lisbeth Salander, a terrific mystery of family and power dynamics sprinkled with death, intrigue, and sex. I sincerely doubt that you with find a better book. To be honest when I saw the size of the book I thought to myself - O Boy, this will be a dragged out story. Not So. Larsson combines a chilly Swedish backdrop, his reporter eye for detail, and high tech sleuthing, to give us a compelling well woven tale that keeps you wanting to find out what happens next. This is one of the few books that I have given an excellent rating. The only down side is that the author died unexpectedly at a young age. There are 2 more books in this series. I have the second and the third is due out this year. I will be reading them!

No comments: