Monday, March 17, 2008

Review - Body Count by P.D. Martin


Body Count by P.D. Martin
ISBN 0-7783-2411-9
No of Pages - 376
Rating 3.75 out of 5

Sophie Anderson is a FBI profiler with a twist. She gets nightmares that contain images of crimes that are about to be committed, like those she had in childhood before her brother was abducted. Now her best friend and colleague is missing and she must use her talents and abilities to save her friend before it is too late.

My reaction when I first picked up Martin's novel was oh no not another serial killer novel. But to my delight I found this novel to be well written and not overly gruesome. The plot was well executed but a bit formulaic. I did guess who the killer was but there were enough twists and turns that I found myself changing my mind and wondering. The theme of loneliness and isolation greatly enhanced the story and added to a richer development of the characters particularly Sophie. This is a very good debut novel by Martin and I look forward to reading more by this author.

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Hi Lillian!
Found you through Morgan Mandel's Bookplace and wanted to let you know that I think we have sites that would really compliment each other.

I can't find an email for you so I wanted to contact you via your blog and tell you to check out www.book-club-queen.com where I also review books and have put together a lot of great book club info. I just finished a good mystery called The Reincarnationist by M.J. Rose and had the opportunity to interview her. What a cool experience! The book is fantastic and I highly recommend it!

Hope to hear from you!
Desiree

Annie LuMaye said...

Hi Lillian...found you through the femmystery group on yahoo! Oh my gosh...the first review I read of yours and it's on my list to get from the library!! I'll put you on my list of blogs to stop by regularly!!!
Annie

www.daytodaymom.blogspot.com

Kerrie said...

Glad you enjoyed it Lillian