Monday, April 28, 2008

The Hell You Say by Josh Lanyon



Title - The Hell You Say
Author - Josh Lanyon
ISBN -0-595-38512-5
Genre - Mystery
rating 4 out of 5


The Hell You Say is the third book in the Adrien English mystery series. Many folks will only start a series at the beginning but this is my first introduction to Josh Lanyon's work and I must say I am very impressed. His ability to move the plot along and spin a good story kept me turning the pages well into the night.

After Adrien’s bookstore employee Angus receives death threats, Adrien decides to help him and his girlfriend get away. However Jake, Adrien’s on again off again deeply closeted police officer lover, believes that Angus has a connection to an unsolved ritualistic murder. Before long Adrien finds himself enmeshed in mystery, murder, and a Satanic Cult.

Josh Lanyon has written a good mystery. His writing style is crisp and his characters are well developed. The book is filled with memorable characters and there are enough twists and turns in the plot to keep you guessing who the killer is. This book grabbed me from the opening paragraph. I look forward to reading more from this talented writer.

No comments: